The Many Benefits of Avocado Oil for Hair
Have you ever thought about using pure avocado oil for hair? This natural oil is full of beneficial nutrients that can improve the health and appearance of your hair. Avocado oil is especially beneficial for dry, damaged, or color-treated hair.
In this article, we'll discuss the many benefits of pure avocado oil for hair. We'll also provide tips on how to use avocado oil to achieve optimal results. So, if you're looking for a way to improve the condition of your hair, avocado oil may be just what you need!
What is avocado oil?
Avocado oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the pulp surrounding the pit of the avocado fruit. It has oleic acid and monounsaturated fats in it It was used by ancient cultures throughout history as a topical avocado oil hair treatment for skin ailments and to protect against sun damage. Avocado oil's benefits were also utilized orally to improve general health.
A lot of people ask 'is avocado oil good for my hair?". The answer is yes, putting oil in your hair may appear unusual, but a little avocado oil on the scalp can hydrate and protect your hair from breaking.
Currently, avocado oil has regained popularity as a natural hair care product. It can be used as a natural substitute for chemical-based hair treatments, such as silicones and mineral oil.
Does avocado oil make your hair grow faster?
Some people claim that avocado oil makes their hair grow faster. This isn't a scientifically proven benefit of using avocado oil for hair. However, it's often experienced by those who regularly use the product.
Avocado oil has vitamin D, which your body needs to create new hair follicles. This can aid in hair growth! Hair growth, on the other hand, is a complex mix of many factors. Make sure you're eating avocado oil, not simply putting it on your hair follicles topically!
How long should I leave avocado oil in my hair?
Many people report that they leave avocado oil in their hair shaft overnight to get the most benefits. It is also common for women with relaxed hair types to use avocado oil once every two weeks before washing their hair with shampoo and conditioner.
Benefits of avocado oil for hair
There are many benefits of avocado oil for hair. This natural oil can help treat dry scalp into the healthy scalp, improve shine and elasticity, prevent breakage, protect against sun damage, reduce frizziness, and more! Let’s take a closer look at the many benefits of avocado oil for hair:
1. Protects hair from damage
Because it is rich in antioxidants, avocado oil can help protect your hair strands against damage caused by exposure to the sun or pollutants. It also helps restore protein loss due to heat styling tools and other damage.
2. Moisturizes hair
Avocado oil has high levels of vitamin E, which makes it a great moisturizer for hair. This vitamin naturally conditions hair, improving shine and elasticity.
3. Improves hair elasticity
Vitamin E isn't the only nutrient that can improve elasticity - proteins are important here as well! The amino acids found in avocado oil are able to prevent breakage by strengthening individual strands of hair.
4. Treats scalp conditions
If you have dry or flaky scalp issues, then you should try avocado oil. The vitamin E and fatty acids in this natural oils or hair care product can moisturize the scalp, which helps remove dandruff and soothes dryness or flaking.
5. Prevents frizz
Have you ever used a leave-in conditioner to help reduce frizz in your hair? Avocado oil has essential fatty acids which is a leave-in conditioner! It provides manageability by smoothing the cuticles of your hair. This makes it easier to style your locks without creating unwanted frizz!
6. Conditions colored hair
Another benefit of using avocado oil for hair is that it restores moisture balance after coloring treatments. If you're looking for a natural way to keep color vibrant, then this is an excellent option.
7. Gives shine
Have you ever used shine serums or oils? If so, then avocado oil can do the same thing at a fraction of the cost! It contains nutrients that help generate shine and give your hair a glossy appearance.
8. Promotes hair growth
Along with providing many other benefits for hair, avocado oil has also been shown to promote hair growth and prevent rampant hair loss. This may be due to its vitamin D content.
9. Prevents split ends
Because it helps restore elasticity in hair, avocado oil can also help prevent split ends from occurring. You'll notice that your hair growth is more manageable after using this natural oil regularly for several weeks!
10. Reduce dandruff
Avocado oil can help you get rid of dandruff and flakes, thanks to the fatty acids it contains. Just apply a small amount to your scalp, let it absorb for at least one hour, then wash out with shampoo.
How to use avocado oil for hair
Make sure you're eating avocado oil, not simply putting it on your hair topically!
There are many benefits of avocado oil for hair. This natural oil can help treat dry scalp, improve shine and elasticity, prevent breakage, protect against sun damage, reduce frizziness, and more. Here are some simple ways to use this powerfully-packed hair care product:
1. Leave-in conditioner
To keep your hair feeling hydrated and nourished all day, apply avocado oil as a leave-in conditioner. The amino acids and proteins present in this DIY leave-in conditioner aid in the formation of healthy hair.
What you’ll need
- 1-ounce coconut oil
- 2 ounces aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- ⅓ cup water
- spray bottle
- measuring cup or bowl
1. In a small mixing dish, combine the avocado and coconut oil with a spoon.
2. Place 1 part aloe vera gel and 2 parts water in a spray bottle.
3. Fill a spray bottle halfway with coconut and avocado mixed oils.
4. Shake well before each use.
5. Before styling, spritz the leave-in conditioner over clean hair and avoid applying to the roots. The most attractive look is achieved with this procedure.
6. Use your fingertips to gently stroke the strands, evenly distributing the lotion.
7. Twist the ends to seal in moisture. You may even braid your hair at night and treat it all night long
2. Hair Mask
Avocado oil may also be used to prepare a hair mask which is typically prepared from different oils typically including avocado oil or olive oil butter and other hydrating components.
Clary Collection is a Nashville-based firm that creates organic plant-based skincare products. Although the renew and repair oil — which contains avocado oil, calendula, plantain, chamomile, neroli, lavender, and rosehip — was created to mend skin and minimize scars and stretch marks, it makes for an excellent deep conditioning hair treatment.
What you’ll need
- 1 egg
- 8 drops of clary renew + repair oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- castor oil
- 4 drops of essential oils (rosemary, lavender, tea tree and peppermint oils are great at stimulating hair growth).
1. In a mixing dish, mash the avocado.
2. Crack the egg and add in the yolk,
3. Add 8 drops of Clary renew + repair and 3 drops of castor oil to the mix.
4. Leave it on for 20 minutes to get rid of excess oil from your hair.
5. Rinse with cool water
6. Shampoo and condition
3. Hot Oil Treatment
Applying avocado oil topically, rather than eating it, is preferable. Avocado oil can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream via the digestive system when bypassed. According to studies, magnesium is more effective when applied topically because of "better absorption and fewer side effects since it avoids the gastrointestinal tract."
What you’ll need
- Avocado oil and coconut oil (2-4 teaspoons per strand)
- 4 drops of essential oil (rosemary, lavender, tea tree or peppermint oil)
- Glass jar
- Warm Towel
1. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
2. Fill a glass jar with avocado, coconut oil, and essential oils.
3. Place the oil jar in a large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover it. Bring to a boil for two minutes.
4. Before applying the oil to your hair, test its temperature with a drop of oil on your hand. If it's too hot, allow it to cool for a few minutes.
5. Apply the oil to clean, wash hair gently.
6. Cover hair with a warm towel for 20 minutes.
7. Shampoo and condition.
4. Scalp Massage
Avocado oil may be used as a scalp massage once a week to improve blood flow, promote hair health from roots, and cure dandruff.
What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 2-4 drops of essential oils (rosemary, lavender, tea tree or peppermint)
- Glass jar
- Saucepan or microwave
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Microwave users may skip this stage.
2. In a glass jar, combine avocado oil and essential fatty acids oils.
3. Place the jar in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
4. Test the temperature on your wrist.
5. Dip your hands into the oil in the glass jar.
6. Apply a small amount of oil to your scalp and massage it gently in circular motions.
7. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
8. Shampoo and condition hair.
Risks and warnings
1. Individuals with allergies to avocado should avoid using the oil.
2. The oil should not be applied to broken skin for the risk of infection.
3. Excessive use of the oil may lead to clogged pores and acne breakouts, so it's advised that users avoid applying it all over their face or to other sensitive areas like around the eyes.
4. Pregnant women should consult with their physician before using avocado oil topically or orally due to potentially harmful effects associated with the consumption of phytoestrogens.
5. The oil is not recommended for use on children or infants.
The information on mynoophoric.com is for informational, educational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice. Readers should not rely on this information as advice to make health decisions. Noophoric is not responsible for any possible health consequences from any person following information that is presented on this website. Readers should consult with their physician before making changes to diet, nutrition, supplementation, medication or lifestyle.
Our editors have independently chosen the products listed on this page. If you purchase something mentioned in this article, we may earn a small commission.